– How did you pass the covid period with your national squad?
GER-Covid-regulations had been very strict. 2 lockdowns until spring 2021 limited our training very much. We started with training in May 2021 with parts of the team. A complete program was only possible beginning in June 2021.
– It has been a while since the last big tournament, has your squad and/or staff changed over time?
No, only 2 players are new in the team. And we have a new assistant coach.
– What is your teams’ ambition for the EKC?
To reach a medal
– Are you familiar with Antwerp, the host city of the EKC?
Yes 75% of the team already participated at the WKC in 2015
– Any other information you would like to share with the korfball supporters?
To be fair with all teams and especially in our current times: to respect every player with the same appreciation, independent from gender, origin, colour and age. We have to give respect to everybody.
(LS) Der A-Kader der Nationalmannschaft steht fest. Die folgenden Spieler und Spielerinnen vertreten Deutschland bei der Europameisterschaft 2021 in Antwerpen, Belgien. 👇🏼🇩🇪🔥
2 – Johanna Treffts
3 – Johanna Gnutt
5 – Anna Goepfert
6 – Anna Orth
8 – Lea Sander
17- Johanna Peuters
25 – Lea Witthaus
13 – Pascal Demuth
14 – Jan Robert Heming
15 – Timon Orth
16 – Steffen Heppekausen
19 – Lucas Witthaus
20 – Dag-Björn Hering
23 – Thomas Freund
Wilco van den Bos, Coach
Karen Fuchs, Assistant-Coach
Jochen Schittkowski, Team Manager
Dominik Werthmann, Physio
Tobias Kehlenbach, Physio